Acts 2:41 Those who accepted his message were baptized, and about three thousand were added to their number that day. 42 They devoted themselves to the apostles’ teaching and to the fellowship, to the breaking of bread and to prayer. 43 Everyone was filled with awe, and many wonders and miraculous signs were done by the apostles. 44 All the believers were together and had everything in common. 45 Selling their possessions and goods, they gave to anyone as he had need. 46 Every day they continued to meet together in the temple courts. They broke bread in their homes and ate together with glad and sincere hearts, 47 praising God and enjoying the favor of all the people. And the Lord added to their number daily those who were being saved.
- Each one knowing God personally, relating with Him with intimacy and passionately in love with him. Worship is how we express our love and passion for God – it is the primary reason for our existence! Prayer is not only a life line of the church but also our God-given privilege & call.
- The cross is at the centre of our relationship with God, one another and the world. We must never move away from it. Because of the mighty achievement of Jesus on the cross, our Christian life is based securely and permanently on the grace of God.
- We want to be constantly and dynamically full of the Holy Spirit – expecting and enjoying God’s supernatural presence. This is manifested not just at meetings but also in godly day-to-day practical living (fruit of the Holy Spirit) and signs and wonders (gifts of the Holy Spirit).
- We are devoted to the Word of God as given in the Bible. We acknowledge it is by the Spirit the living and active Word of God to us. It is the means of knowing God and his will for our lives. Our desire is that preaching and teaching of the word is given pre-eminence at church meetings. This is followed with a commitment to outworking it in our individual and corporate church life. A life-style of personal reading, studying, meditating and practicing the word is foundational to strong Christianity.
- Apostles and Prophets. We recognize that the ministries of Apostles, Prophets, along with those of the Evangelist and Pastor/Teacher are vital to the effective growth and function of the Church as Christ’s body.
- Church is God’s family. Since the outworking of the Christian life is in the church, the body of Christ, we want to be devoted to one another in love. God desires that special care and support be given to widows, orphans and fatherless, single parents, singles, sick and elderly. The church is one body with many members. Regardless of our background, we together form the one new man in Christ – each one equally valuable and functioning together for common good. This will result in a life together of caring & sharing. Much of the family life of the church is worked out in the cell (small group) structure of the church. Thus, our cells are not just midweek meetings but vital units of church; demonstrating our family life.
- We’ve got a Great Commission. We believe that Jesus came with God’s mission to seek & save the lost. Its God’s plan, purpose and will that the church, Christ’s body carries on that mission. We are called to reach out to the world with love and proclaim the good news of Jesus Christ. We do this primarily sharing God’s love through the oikos network of family, friends and contacts at work and elsewhere. Our lives should attract others to God – our love for one another, godly marriages and family life, radical Christian testimony at work and elsewhere, genuine friendship and concern for our neighbours.Beyond this, we must actively share the gospel, using very opportunity to show the love of God with grace and sensitivity. Signs and wonders will accompany us in demonstrating the love and power of our God towards those who do not know Him.We believe God wants us to be a large and significant church in Kochi as he adds to our numbers daily those who will be saved. ‘Multiply’ and ‘Fill’ are key words God speaks over our lives. Under a team of godly elders, the city church could have a number of congregations to serve different geographic locations.
- The Commission includes all nations. Our vision is not just a strong significant church in Kochi. We have a vision to see 70 healthy churches planted and established in Kerala. These churches will be light and a ‘city on a hill’ from which the gospel shines out to the immediate & surrounding area. This means that we are a family of churches on a mission under apostolic leadership. Beyond Kerala we have a heart for the rest of India, too. As the Lord leads us, we will send out missionaries and work with other churches and ministries to fulfill our commission to make disciples of all nations. We will do this together with ministries & local church partnerships from within the Newfrontiers family of churches as well as other ministries.
- Expressing God’s heart for the poor and needy. God has a special place in His heart for the poor and needy. As a church, we want to give full expression to this by reaching out to such people and doing all within our ability to help them. While we serve all regardless of their response to God, we would take great joy in seeing them drawn to the God of all mercy.
- We will honour the entire body of Christ. We recognize that Newfrontiers is only one part of Christ’s body. We wish to resist any form of exclusivism in our efforts and building the church. In the local setting, we aim to fellowship and work together with other evangelistic churches and ministries of similar vision and values. We will seek to maintain the unity of the God’s church in our land, demonstrating powerfully the presence of God in the city.
A church on a mission that is Spirit filled and passionate for Jesus and manifesting God’s presence, rooted in God’s word and enjoying God’s grace, demonstrating Kingdom community, seeking the welfare of the city and reaching out to the world with the Gospel of Jesus Christ in love and serving and working with the poor with compassion as part of Newfrontiers, a family of churches together on a worldwide mission.